Monday, January 10, 2011

Nick Vujicic: A Gift from the Heart

I was sitting there, just minding my own business, living in my own world in my head, when a friend skyped this link to me...and changed a little bit of my world:


I didn't know what to expect, but as the video unfolded before my eyes, I heard the beating of my heart, I saw my face smile, and my eyes, they were welling up. And I thought: Wow! What an amazing human being. What an awesome personality! He might not have arms or legs, but his presence filled the room...and reached out beyond the flat monitor and touched my heart and the heart of thousands, maybe millions of others who chance to see his presentation.

For many of us, having no arms or legs is a tragedy, a life born with heavy karma. I used to think like that, but I don't anymore. I realized all of us have a role to play on this physical plane. We choose our parts, our fleshly costumes. Many of us choose ordinary, everyday fleshly costumes, while others choose extraordinary ones, like Nick Vujicic. Being who he is, he is touching the lives of others, inspiring them, giving them confidence, hope, and a sense of self-worth. His message is so much more powerful, so much more convincing, coming from someone like him -- a person without arms and legs,  challenging the odds to live an "ordinary" life. 

I don't think many of us could do what he is doing, perhaps that's why there is only one Nick Vujicic. What an amazing human being. I didn't know what to expect...but I know it has changed something inside me. If he could do what he is doing with all those physical limitations, then I can keep on smiling and charge forward with my life. God has given me two arms and legs, I can change the world -- at least my world. 

God bless people like Nick Vujicic.

1 comment:

  1. Now, that is a great message for me.
    Life is meaningful if we care to share with others. BTW, you have a very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete